Long-term Continuous Monitoring of Methane Emissions at an Oil and Gas Facility using a Multi-open-path Laser Dispersion Spectrometer
A method for methane emissions monitoring at industrial facility level was developed based on a high precision multi-open-path laser dispersion spectrometer. This dataset contains the methane path-averaged concentrations spatially distributed over the facility under study, together with local meteorology data. The dataset contains 3 months of continuous (24h/7d) measurements at an operational gas processing and distribution facility. Files are in the NetCDF format. Each files contains the same 8 variables:
- TIME_STAMP_DAYS - The time stamp for each measurement expressed in Julian Days.
- CH4_CONC_PPM - The path averaged methane concentration in ppm.
- CH4_CONC_ERROR_PPM - The measurement random error on the path integrated methane concentration in ppm.
- PRESS - The local atmospheric pressure in Torr.
- TEMP - The local atmospheric temperature in K.
- WIND_DIR_DEG - The local wind direction in degrees from true North.
- WIND_MAG_M_S - The local wind velocity magnitude in m/s.
- RETRO_ID - ID integer identifying the retro-reflector used for a particular open-path.