STFC's Space Science and Technology Department, is involved in more than 200 international space missions including Herschel, the largest space telescope ever launched, which is examining the early stages of star birth and galaxy formation.
Browsing RAL Space by Subject "Methane path averaged concentrations, industrial facility, methane continuous monitoring."
A method for methane emissions monitoring at industrial facility level was developed based on a high precision multi-open-path laser dispersion spectrometer.
This dataset contains the methane path-averaged concentrations spatially distributed over the facility under study, together with local meteorology data.
The dataset contains 3 months of continuous (24h/7d) measurements at an operational gas processing and distribution facility.
Files are in the NetCDF format. Each files contains the same 8 variables:
- TIME_STAMP_DAYS - The time stamp for each measurement expressed in Julian Days.
- CH4_CONC_PPM - The path averaged methane concentration in ppm.
- CH4_CONC_ERROR_PPM - The measurement random error on the path integrated methane concentration in ppm.
- PRESS - The local atmospheric pressure in Torr.
- TEMP - The local atmospheric temperature in K.
- WIND_DIR_DEG - The local wind direction in degrees from true North.
- WIND_MAG_M_S - The local wind velocity magnitude in m/s.
- RETRO_ID - ID integer identifying the retro-reflector used for a particular open-path.